We live in St. Louis City and this is our third year gardening. We have two raised beds in our backyard,
and use the Square Foot Gardening Method.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Herbs! Cilantro and Basil

I decided to try my hand at perserving some basil and cilantro this past weekend. But I didn't think to take any pics until after I had preserved the cilantro. For the cilantro I just washed it and then chopped it, added it to ice cub trays and poured a little water in each cube section.


 
Next I decided to do some basil. I dipped the leaves into a bowl of water and swished it around.




Then I laid it on paper towels to try. I blotted with another paper towel on top. 

 I then added the leaves and some olive oil to my magic bullet blender and pulsed it. 

Then added it to the tray!


I then placed the tray in the freezer. Once they were frozen I placed the cilantro into one freezer bag, and the basil into another. I'll let you know how they are once I use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment