We live in St. Louis City and this is our third year gardening. We have two raised beds in our backyard,
and use the Square Foot Gardening Method.

Monday, February 20, 2012

The start of 2012

Phil shoveling dirt
 Phil and I used our day off today to get the garden prepared a little for this year. We raked some leaves and added them to the larger bed. Phil made many trips to Carondelet Park for some free dirt. There was quite a bit of trash in the dirt so we had to be careful to pick out what we could find, but it's free!
We use plastic bins I previously used for a container
garden to haul the dirt in our van.

The large garden bed that as we filled with the new dirt.
All of our hard work paid off. I don't even know how many
trips it took to fill the big bed.
Small bed - only took 1.5 trips!
I was thinking about doing some cardio before yoga tonight, but after all the shoveling and raking I did today I think it is necessary.

Next up starting seeds. I'll also be doing a post that shows our layouts for each bed this week. We are going to do things a little differently this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment